"I'm God's girl. One pretty enough, smart enough, and just enough to bring Him delight."





Door to Door

I was asking for directions to Meycauyan, Bulacan when a teammate asked me if I am going there because of church thing. Another teammate overheard us and curiously asked if I preach the gospel by doing door-to-door or if I preach on a public bus.  
http://godeverywhere.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/young-girl-holding-bible.jpg
Had we not been interrupted I would be excited to tell them that that's not how it works anymore.  The goal is still to tell people about who Jesus is and how much the Lord has done for you and me.  No mistake about it.  That will always be the core value of the church. 

But how we do things DOES change.  No one wants a preachy person. No one enjoys being told what to do especially if there are no affections involved. And the Gospel isn't a salestalk.  


We instead build relationships. Discipleship is relationship. Because after all, our lives will be the only Bible for many. 


Jesus in fact let us in on one tip: people will only know that we are His disciples if we love one another. John 13:35


So what did my teammates ask me? 

1. Do I get on a public bus to preach?

- I get on a public blogsite regularly to share day-to-day grace of God that I personally experience.  It's simply hard to contain it.


2. Do I do door-to-door and INTRODUCE who my Lord is?

- I do door-to-door on the issues in my own life and REMIND MYSELF who my Lord is. For example:

1. Will I feel offended if a family member won't give up the PC for me?
2. Should I hold back my savings from my own father who needs money for other kids he's taking care of?
3. Should I omit the smiley face in my text message to Jen as I tell her what upset mom this afternoon to  show her I am irritated at her?



Build relationships. The actions we take tell a lot about who the Lord is in our lives.  And of all the lords out there, there is only one true Lord who tells His people to love, love, love. 


His Name is Jesus.  ♥ ♥ ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...