"I'm God's girl. One pretty enough, smart enough, and just enough to bring Him delight."





frap cold encounter


"So what are you reading?"

You really don't know who'd you meet talga. It can be nice to talk to strangers most of the time and listen to their stories. Some can become fast friends. Some can impart lessons like that old lady who shared a table with me at Mcdo. And some can simply ruin your Saturday morning.

Like today.

I was sharing the second level of a coffee shop with a few people who came and went. I was comfortably reading, even doing my bad habit of pulling strands of my hair every now and then that I didn't notice there was no other person there except a European businessman. He suddenly asked me what I was reading. It led to a few small talks, mostly weird stuff about him like how he claims to be a student of life or how he likes sticking needles into his head (I hope he meant acupuncture and nothing weird).

As we talked, I realized that he's sizing me up from head to toe, the kind of stare that misses nothing.

He tossed his business card on the table and kept talking. By then I didn't like anymore the vibe I was picking up.

I raised the book I was reading up to neck-level to: 1. keep him from looking at my breasts and 2. show him the huge MAX LUCADO on the cover of the book. I was hoping that either the gesture or the Christian author would imply something along the lines of, "if you think this is a potential pick up, boy, you're wrong. Dead wrong."

Anyway, he didn't get it. So i quickly rehearsed leave-me-alone lines in my mind. But before I could even have a chance to dismiss him, he asked for my email and number. He got a flat no. He asked why. I simply answered, "Cause I don't give my info to strangers," and I went back to reading in such a manner that the only response is to walk away.

He snatched his card from the table and sharply said, "Ok, then I won't give mine...if you don't like meeting people." For a moment there I thought he'd hurt me (I vaguely remembered we were the only ones there). I thought, mapapaaway pa ata ako ah. I was relieved when he gathered his stuff and stormed downstairs, as if nagdadabog.

I wish there was one person at that time I could've said, "Can you believe the nerve of that guy??" to.

I'm still going back to that place. If by any chance I see him again and he talks to me again, I'll bring out my Bible and tell him the Gospel.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...