"I'm God's girl. One pretty enough, smart enough, and just enough to bring Him delight."





Snorkeling!


Growing up in a family where you need to work to eat and you live paycheck to paycheck, I was programmed to believe that leisure is just an unnecessary expense and something to stay away from.  A mere suggestion of any type of leisure would earn disapproving looks from the old ones and would bombard you with so many sermons about how life is hard already as it is. 


We are born to suffer. We do not deserve any pleasure. 


This is one of the areas wherein Jesus shattered a wrong mindset.  It all started when my small group buddies Chikee and Doc Genesis took me to a vacation




Today I took one teenyweeny baby step towards my dream. I can't wait any longer. There's always some bill that gets in the way, some (seemingly always valid) excuse to procrastinate. I don't wanna wake up one day, gray-and-old thinking, "Wait, all this time I actually thought a day will come when there will be no more bills??"


No. So today I NIKE'd it.


"Just do it!"









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...